Thursday, September 25, 2008

Be still my heart.

Last night Sean asked Alex if she'd like to go get ice cream after dinner. (Well, duh!)

She screamed with delight, ran in circles and asked me, "Mommy, I'm going to get ice-cream. Can you hold my list?"

What she handed me was a piece of paper off of one of my many trillion list pads, with neat little scribbles in list format. And a pencil.

This one is right up there with 'don't step in my pile' in the scary traits she seems to have acquired from me.

In other news, as if we don't have enough words we have to refrain from using when our kids learn to talk or learn to 'understand' talk, Alex has a list of (understandably so) words that *I* am not doing a good job of eliminating from my vocabulary. They include Stupid & Hate to name a few of the 'not nice' but 'not swear' words. These words are most often used in the car (in a bit of a road rage situation), or while watching any number of programs regarding the presidential election. To avoid getting reamed by the language police, I have taken to spelling them out instead. For example, last night Sean mentioned it was raining. I replied, "I hhhaaaaa, ahem. I H-A-T this weather already". He looked at me perplexed and I realized that if we are going to start spelling words, we best get them right. I'm going to start brushing up on my (fast and on the fly, naughty word) spelling. And that's a P-R-O-M-I-S.

No comments: