Friday, December 4, 2009

Where in the room is Ian Patrick Kolmer?


I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that watched 'Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego' as a kid. If so, sorry for the lame title but I found it funny.

It's been a few weeks now where Ian has been sleeping in his big boy (toddler bed). Thankfully, this transition has been much easier with him then it was Alex. That could have something to do with the fact I don't also have an infant to care for, but still. He's proven to be a bit easier in this regard.

HOWEVER, he is letting it be known by way of silent protest that although he will stay in his room, he will NOT go to sleep in his bed. After demolishing his room, he usually settles to sleep on his own within 30 minutes or so. See the below photos of 3 consecutive nights of checking in on him before I went to bed. For added fun, try out your 'I spy' skills and try to spot his turtle.






First night he tests the waters. Maybe if my head is on the bed, it's cool.



2nd night (and this is my favorite) he completely protests and sleeps on the foor with his head on hippo. Love the empty bed.

3rd night, he apparently fought it so hard he tried the chair. 'Stay up to defy the parents-fail'.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

This is so cute. SO glad you got pics. Addie always eventually goes back to her bed.

Jenny said...

Oh, and I loved that show, and as soon as I read the post title I was singing it! No explanation needed!

Katie said...

Super impressed that he's doing so much damage but still manages to put himself to sleep. Hopefully this transition will continue to go smoothly for you. You could use one "easy" thing, right!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

..another proud Carmen fan!