Thursday, February 7, 2013

ONE TIME, 3 YEARS AGO, I FORGOT TO HIT 'PUBLISH'

i love this. i found this post today that i never actually published. and it made me happy to find something maybe forgotten forever. i can still remember the happy i felt from this weekend 3 years later and am oddly refreshed by it. enjoy!

There is no doubt that I love being a Mommy and that I consider my two babes to be the single most rewarding accomplishment in my life.

With that being said, every once in awhile I can't help but love driving away from them and for an entire weekend and just be me. I know that 'me' still exists. She's in there. I feel her emerge when I'm in the car alone and Paula Abdul's 'Straight Up' comes on the radio. Or, if I'm out to lunch with co-workers not having to tend to Ian throwing his silverware, or I'll have a surreal moment at the gym, the only thing in my hands is my iPod and for 1 hour, nobody needs me and the only thing I have to worry about is what song is coming up next.

This last weekend I feel like I was given quite possibly the BEST gift ever. A gift that pales in comparison to anything I've seen in the 1000 jewelry flyers I've received in the mail this month. OH Yes, even better than the 4 Ct. Diamond ring that is 'sure to show your valentine how much you really care'.

I don't need no stinking ring, just give me two childless, choreless, getting up at the crack of dawn-less days of pure unadulterated food, wine, and Super Nintendo fun. That's right, I said it.

I also got up when I wanted to. I drove in the car for 3 hours and listened to songs with bad words, and didn't have to muffle my road rage.

I shopped and for all my mother friends YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME THAT IS TO DO without little people.

I shopped some more.

I probably read 9 magazines, and browsed 5 home decorating magalogs. I truly played Super Nintendo and remembered where all the hidden mushrooms were. And Gina? Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you'll be practicing until our next girls weekend.

I had such a great time with my girls.

We wrote down ALL of the funny things we did and said and believe me there were many. Many of which may never be published. Sad, isn't it?

To say I needed that, would be a bit of an understatement. I've been running on fumes for weeks wondering how I could possibly make it to vacation week. My tank has been filled, that 'me' I was talking about earlier is kinda back a little.

In other news, the entire East coast is snowed in apparently. I'd say I'm jealous and would give ANYTHING to be stuck in side at home with movies and snacks but that would mean I wouldn't be here at working LIVING THE DREAM. And to that dream, I must get back.

One month from now, Sean and I will be packing up the chitlens for the first annual -Griswold- Kolmer family vacation to Cali. We going back to Cali to Cali to Cali...OR, giving our life savings to Mr. Walt Disney.


No comments: