Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Basil Carcinoma


Well. I have so much to say, and so little time to say it. Work has been kicking my butt and draining me of all energy & creativity. So sorry blog, and sorry blog followers.


We've had some events occur in the last few weeks. A funny one, my poor mom will NEVER live down includes Ian's penis, a string, and a panicked phone call.


My mom has the kids on Fridays. She called me a bit frantic that Ian had a very alarming rash or lesion or SOMEthing on his 'wiggly body'. She explained it to me, "it's dark red..sort of a line and it seems to have moved since lunch time. I've never seen anything like it" she said. I became concerned, I tried to remember if he'd had a rash the night before and no I could not remember anything!


When I got him home, I quickly unveiled his wee wee and sure enough. There it was. A bright red 'basil carcinoma' 'esk' mark. My heart kinda pitter pattered...'what's wrong with my boy!' So I began picking at it...and then realized how and why my mom said it had moved. It wasn't actually stuck to his person, but was a red string from his sweatpants worn the previous day.


When I told Sean about this I said, "You'll never guess what happened, Mom thought Ian had a horrible disease or something happening to his 'wee wee'. His reply? "Oh, you mean, that red stringy thingy? Yeah, I saw that this morning when I changed his diaper and left it". I think my mom may have swatted him the next time she saw him.


In other Ian news, his new words are 'Ow', & 'Cool'. Cool is used for most everything. When handing him a snack...when playing toys, when falling off our bed and recovering from a near head injury. 'Cool' is something I NEVER imagined hearing out of a 1 1/2 year old. He's been throwing some ROYAL temper tantrums and luckily being the 2nd child I really don't let them get to me much. Been there done that...go cry it out over there mentality, seems to be working for us. He is particularly mad when placed in his highchair as thanks to Sean and my trip out East last week, he is now so ABOVE baby chairs and belongs at the big kid table, on his knees. This new trend has wreaked HAVOC on my floor and mopping is becoming a nightly occurrence. Thanks Sean...love you long time.


Alex can be found saying things like, 'Mom, that's like...totally hilarious'. And now mom is like, totally freaking out about how she's talking at well, nearly 4. Last week, Alex told me she had a secret for me. I leaned in so she could (as she sometimes does) whisper sweet nothings and 'I love yous' into my ear. Instead she said, 'Mom, your hair is big and crunchy, let's put lotion and make it soft. Needless to say, I have a hair appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks for being honest kid.


Sean and I took a major leap of financial faith this week and purchased a new washer and dryer. It felt like a really big deal as the State of Oregon has cut his salary and required 4 unpaid vacation days between now and June and NIKE is laying off 4% of the workforce by May. HOWEVER, we deemed this a necessary purchase for our 9+ loads we seem to do in a week. So thank you Best Buy for your 18 month 'good as cash' no interest loan so I can have a most beautiful washer and dryer that looks wonderful, works fast and efficiently, and makes doing laundry a little less painful...I promise to pay you back next year.









No comments: